The pelican theme test site is live on Amazon S3. I am pretty happy about that, but still have some work to do. Since the last post I have been working on getting the site ready to go. I ran into an issue yesterday when I switched from Twitter Bootstrap 2 to 3.0. It is not backward compatible, so I spent most of the night last night updating and rewriting the html. I am not sure if it is as Semantic as it was before, but it looks good, and is up to date, so I have to check on the Semantic part later.
I am happy that it is up and running on S3. There does seem to be an issue with a few links, that will need to be fixed. Basically I don’t think it is doing absolute but relative linking. I haven’t had a chance to check it out yet, but it is on my to-do list.
Based on a blog post I found, I think I can setup HTTP headers for the site. That is great as it means I can include gzipped html/css/and js. I can also incorporate Cacheing directives which I didn’t think I would be able to do. Here is a request in which I set the Cache-Control HTTP header:
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 03:36:40 GMT
Cache-Control: max-age 86400
Last-Modified: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 03:36:29 GMT
I probably have another 20 hours or so to go on the theme, but inch by inch I am getting closer.